First of all – Tips to go over prior to beginning the repair.
- Have all your tools ready and near you.
- It is easier for you if you place everything that has been removed in the same place and order taken out.
- Be very cautious when removing all flex cables, most of all from the logic board.
- Make sure the device is always off, especially relevanty – only turn the device on when testing the new screen.
Opening the device
- Begin by turning off the device.
- Remove the two screws that are located on the out side of the charge port.
- Place the suction cup as close to the home button as possible.
- Begin to pull on the suction cup lightly and pry the screen off by using a spudger.
- Delicately open the device and have the screen at a 90 degree angle.
- Begin by removing the two screws holding the battery cover in place.
- those two screws on the side in the same order they were removed.
- Remove the plate covering the battery flex.
- Disconnect the battery, and leave disconnected.
- Next, begin removing the 5 screws that are holding the screen flex cables.
- CAUTION: Make sure these screws do NOT get mixed up and are placed EXACTLY how they were taken out. By misplacing a single screw could cause damage to the logic board.
- Remove the LCD flex cable plate, and put this to the side.
- With the spudger delicately disconnect the four flex cables that were located under the plate.
- Very cautiously connect the new screen and the battery flex.
- Turn the device on and test it.
- Once the screen has been tested. The device should be turn off
- Now that the device is off. Remove the battery flex followed by the screen flex cables.
- Go ahead and set the new screen to the side and we are going to get our screen ready.
Getting screen ready
- Begin by removing the top three screws that go to camera, ear speaker, proximity speaker.
- Place those screws identical to how they were removed as well as the plate.
- Lift the camera, remove the speaker box.
- With tweezers lift off the flex with light heat hitting the glass, NOT the flex cable. Set this to the side.
- Next, remove the 3 screws found on each side, and the screw located on the bottom as well. Set those to the side.
- Down at the bottom remove the two screws holding the home plate, and remove the home plate as well.
- To lift the home button, press on it from the glass side in, being careful to not rip the gasket, and remove it carefully from the flex cable.
- Next you are going to remove the home button flex cable. Normally I like to use a little bit of heat and go ahead and put that to the side.
Setting up New screen
- Begin by placing the home button flex cable. At the top there is a flat, make sure that is tucked under the plate and not over. Screw on the 7 screws.
- Clip on the home button to the home button flex. Replace the home button place and the screws.
- Go ahead as adhere the ear speaker/proximity sensor flex. Make sure that everything fits in its place and nothing it lifting.
- Place the speaker box back, and lay the camera over aligning it with the camera centralizer.
- Place the plate and screws back in place.
Installing the new screen/Closing up
- Connect the 4 flex cables to the logic board.
- Replace the plate and screws exactly how they were removed.
- Do the same steps for the battery flex, plate, and screws.
- For the screen to close correctly. begin by wedging the top of the screen into frame pressing on the sides.
- Once closed, Lets replace the two bottom screws and turn the cell phone on.
- Test all the functions
- Congratulations, you’ve completed a LCD assembly replacement on a iPhone 6!
Thank you guys for watching.
Don’t want to mess with your phone? Check out our low iPhone repair prices and let us take care of it.